Wednesday, January 27, 2016

27 January 2016

My lessons of gratitude today:
  • It's funny. One of my old, old friends suddenly popped me up on Whatsapp and we ended up chatting. He then said, "Just wanted to say that what you said many years ago still remains in my head man. You said - Don't let the words of others dictate what you feel in your heart is right." I went... "Did I?!" and I was pretty amazed that my words had such an impact when I didn't even remember it myself. But yeah, it was strange because I always enforced that subconsciously in the past. I guess it's a really good reminder right now too, it's a much needed one for so many areas of my life right now. I am grateful. 
  • I wonder if it's old-friend day today. I got another message over FB about how I helped this friend make her cover of the song 叶子. Truthfully speaking I was pretty annoyed at how perfectionistic she was that time, asking me to repeat the cover for over 10 times. But then I just repeatedly turned towards the good things, enjoying the improvisation. Now she's pretty up-there, she's like this director of Crimewatch on Mediacorp. She then said she wanted to make another cover, and I'm like... will I be aired on TV ;) Haha of course not. But yeah, I'm appreciative and so grateful for all these little moments of goodwill in my life. I'm so grateful that my past self had continued that equanimity and upheld the dharma. Which links back to what I feel about my first point... as long as I do what I feel in my heart is right... the heart wisdom is something that I'd never really regret.
  • Which reminds me! I almost agreed to being the musical director/composer for a Buddhist musical. Although I turned it down because of my medical commitments, I'd definitely love to see it coming into fruition. I'd probably just write some tunes and send them over when I have the inspiration. I just love the idea of something in my mind manifesting outwards into something amazing. I'm so grateful for that opportunity.
  • Today was a pretty spectacular day... Lectures after lectures, speakers after speakers. Needless to say from all the introductions and socializing I got drained pretty badly. I did a short qigong session after that though, so I'm far better. I learned so much about what I was going into. It pretty much erased every doubt that I had towards medicine, and since I know what I want, I'm going to go for it. Therefore, I'm grateful for the effort that all the doctor professors put into it. I can't wait to get my student doctor card. More reflections on tumblr. :)
  • Two med friends I made today invited me for rock-climbing and boxing! Haha I'm pretty keen on both, but I'd probably have to choose just one. Or maybe I need some time off for some introspection. I want to surf though... hahaha. That inner urge to surf. Well, I appreciate how all of these opportunities are surfacing. As I said I really wanna get in touch with my body, so I'm just working it all out for now. I'm grateful.
  • It was going to be golden hour! So I just decided to put on my sport shoes and sprint towards Kings' Park to try and get a sunset shot. But obviously I underestimated the distance from the hall to Kings' Park, which is about 5 km away, and probably another 1 km up the hill. So I just went over to Matilda Bay and sat on the bench... I was pretty glad I did that. I saw the sun dipping down and its hues just splashed across the entire blue canvas of a sky. I was hypnotised by the ripples in the water. I saw a pink angel in the sky. It's pretty awesome, although it would have been a really nice one if the sky was completely clear. But I'm grateful for all of these amazing things. I was just sitting there, contemplating on how small we all are. We're like a speck of pepper. So many planets out there and stars. And we rely so much on the sun, it's a really amazing thing to see such a powerful ball hahaha. Maybe that's why the Egyptians revered the sun god.
  • You know what I'm really grateful for? That I know someone else is happy when she reads my entries. A certain girl who slurps water like it's oxygen and drinks her food through her bellybutton. Hahaha she's gonna kill me. I'm so grateful to know her, and it's probably the biggest blessing that I've had in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment