Wednesday, January 13, 2016

14 January 2016

I am grateful for... (3)
  • A fortunate life, as a result of virtuous deeds done in my previous incarnates. I recall one death by electrocution and several other strange ones, but I feel like my current life is really a fruit of what I have done in my past lives and I will not squander the chance of having listened to the Buddha's dharma.
  • My parents for being unconditionally loving - my mum stayed up to wait for me even though I arrived nearly past midnight. Sigh, even when I told her not to. I am grateful for having parents who love me and care for me dearly.
  • I am grateful for how life has its ups-and-downs - Without that fluctuation, there wouldn't be an variety. Without variety, we wouldn't be able to tell pleasure from pain, or even tell if there was suffering. Every painful experience I hear is a reminder that I appreciate about the impermanence of life and its experiences - about how suffering is very real in this human realm.
What would make today great? (3)
  • If my family would just recover from their diseases already. I did healing on my mum and she seems pretty well today. My dad is still having a cough too, which I can see through his fatigued eyes isn't really good. I just wish they would do qigong with me - I'm perfectly healthy while the rest of the family is sick -.-
  • If I set up a good system to make sure I get all things in check - finances, time management, nutrition and fitness, etc.
  • ... (skipped this!)
Daily affirmations, I am... (2)
  • Caring more, paying more attention to people and their feelings. 
  • Devoted to my goal of helping to liberate and heal all beings, through my enlightenment.
3 Amazing things that happened today (3)
  • Set up my accountability system - habit trackers, expenditure trackers, study checks, finance tracking, etc.
  • I told my mum and dad to smile more because they'd get wrinkles! Haha but yeah my real reason was because smiles literally kick-start the love engine in us. 
  • I initiated a lot of things - kick-started projects, initiated and organized social gatherings - stretched my boundaries as far as I could. That's how I know I'm growing. I might just be an ambivert. 
How could I have made today better? (2)
  • I was teaching my brother how to use gravity as a leverage in wing-chun, but he accidentally slipped his guard and my hand flew in.... gosh. Okay, we had our fair share of trading blows so we don't feel bad about it. I'm glad I didn't use any strength though.
  • Perhaps if I had devoted more resources towards introspection of my ignorance to worldly issues. I found it frustrating that I neglected that area when I was turning my attention inwards to try and improve myself. It's hard to juggle both the external and internal, and I know I can do that - I just need to have an infrastructure in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment