Monday, January 11, 2016

12 Jan 2016 - Mum and bro learn meditation :O

I am grateful for... (3)
  • All the people that have come into my life
  • Having bros that I can confide in, and help them out too
  • Knowing that everyone I love is alive and happy
What would make today great? (3)
  • If I could make my family members laugh and stop being so grouchy (hahahaha)
  • If I could convince my brother to start meditation 8)
  • If I can get the WA record check to send me the letter again (fingers-crossed)
Daily affirmations, I am... (2)
  • Working towards a life purpose to heal and liberate all beings.
  • More compassionate and considerate than yesterday.
3 Amazing things that happened today (3)
  • I got my mum and bro to do some standing meditation with me. Next step... teach them samatha meditation! Well, I managed to convince my mum using scientific studies on how it raises academic performance HAHAHA (I guess part of the skill a Bodhisattva needs is to learn how to approach using the right direction)
  • A semblance of my medical timetable came out, it looks somewhat normal, but I'll have to manage a strategy - I always do. And I'm quite happy that I got all my preparatory administrative work done by today.
  • Learnt how to make a mud-house. Haha I like how my dad was just going on about how they do it the long-way when you can just use modern technology. But hmm, it's the process that satisfies me you know! Ever since young, I've always liked digging my hands into stuff - I've built contraptions and invented machines using nothing but everyday items hahaha. When I get the time to do it, maybe I'll go deep into nature and build a mud-house just for fun. I don't agree that we shouldn't learn primitive things at all.
How could I have made today better? (2)
  • I made my family smile - But I feel like it could be better, if I could completely change their outlook on life and seek happiness within. Afterall, that's what a Bodhisattva does.
  • I've been working with my bros on an internet business but sadly one of my bros is tied up at work, so given that limited time I don't think it's likely that we can go on in full intensity before I go for my medicine course.

No comments:

Post a Comment